Easy healthy asian stuffed peppers with chicken, spinach, onion, garlic, and soy sauce.
- 3 bell peppers, halved, stems and seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ lb ground chicken, turkey, or pork
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce, plus more for serving
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- ½ large onion, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic,(minced
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place halved peppers cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken (or other ground meat), remaining 1 tsp kosher salt, scallions, sesame oil, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and shallot, then cook until translucent, stirring often, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and spinach, and cook 1-2 minutes more, until spinach has just wilted. Set aside to cool slightly, then add to ground meat and mix well.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture, then bake 18-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Serve with cilantro and additional soy sauce / coconut aminos, as needed.
- Serving Size: 2 halves
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 930mg
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
Keywords: gluten free bell peppers, how to make stuffed peppers, how to make whole30 stuffed peppers, asian, garlic, chicken stuffed bell peppers, pork stuffed bell peppers, turkey stuffed bell peppers, spinach, healthy baked bell peppers