These mini blueberry streusel muffins are super moist thanks to the combination of butter, oil, and Greek yogurt. Who knew mini blueberry muffins could taste this good?!
For the streusel
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the muffins
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, (at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries*
- Adjust oven middle position and preheat to 350 F. Line mini muffin tins with muffin liners or grease with cooking spray.
For the streusel:
- Combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Use your fingers to crumble together until the mixture resembles wet sand. Set aside.
For the muffins:
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter, oil, and sugar with an electric mixer until evenly incorporated. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between additions until mixture is smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. Add greek yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixture forms a thick batter. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, filling about 4/5 of the way up, then top generously with streusel.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 11-13 minutes. Remove muffins from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*You can also use frozen blueberries in these muffins, if desired. If using frozen berries, do NOT thaw them. Simply pat them dry with a paper towel and toss them in a little flour before adding into the recipe.
If you have extra blueberries, add a few on top of each unbaked muffin so you get a few blueberries at the top!
Recipe adapted slightly from Serious Eats.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: blueberry streusel muffins, mini blueberry muffins, how long to bake mini muffins, blueberry muffins from scratch, blueberry yogurt muffins