There is no other cocktail that is as highly requested as the classic margarita. And for good reason! This simple recipe is easy to master, and even easier to drink.
- 3 oz tequila blanco, such as Casamigos
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz triple sec, recommended Cointreau
- ½ oz agave nectar
- kosher salt for serving
- lime wedges or circles for serving
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add tequila, lime juice, cointreau, and agave. Secure lid, then shake for 10-12 seconds to aerate the drink.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of a glass, then dip upside down into a shallow bowl of kosher salt. Place ice in glass (optional).
- Strain drink into glass and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 18.2
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make margaritas, classic margarita, cinco de mayo, cinco de mayo margarita, how to make margaritas with casamigos, casamigos, homemade margaritas, classic margarita recipe, classic margaritas, margaritas with salt, fresh lime juice, cocktails with tequila, tequila cocktail