- 8 chicken thighs, (boneless skinless)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 7 oz shiitake mushrooms, (stems removed, thinly sliced)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, (divided)
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt, (divided)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock, (homemade or low-sodium)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp California Sun-Dry tomato garlic
- ⅓ cup California Sun-Dry julienned tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp marsala cooking wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup basil leaves, (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place flour, 1 ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper in a large mixing bowl, then mix. Add chicken and shake to evenly coat on all sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms then let cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, or until a deep golden brown color develops on one side. Stir, then continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Season with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and thyme and cook 1 minute more. Add sherry, then use spatula to scrape bottom of pan and releasee any brown bits. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, then return pan to stove.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until evenly browned, about 7-8 minutes. Flip chicken, then add chicken stock. Transfer to oven and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165 F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully transfer chicken to a plate. Add sun-dried tomato garlic and julienned tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then add white wine. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Turn off the heat, then add marsala and heavy cream. Stir to combine, taste, then adjust seasoning as needed. Transfer chicken back to the pan. Serve immediately with mushrooms on top. Garnish with basil.