Hands down the creamiest, most flavorful dulce de leche cheesecake ever. The chocolate chip cookie crust is foolproof, as is the indulgent, smooth cheesecake. You’ll never buy from a store again!
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
For the filling
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, (softened)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup dulce de leche, (melted (canned is fine!))
- 7” springform pan
- heavy duty aluminum foil
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine cookie crumbs, butter, and sugar in a small bowl. Pour into a greased 7-inch springform pan, then press into an even layer along the bottom, reaching up maybe a ¼” on the sides. Wrap tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil (trust me on the ‘heavy duty’ part) and bake for ~10 minutes, or until the crust turns a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides, then add eggs and beat on medium-low until fully incorporated and mixture is well mixed and fluffy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cooled crust.
- Pour melted dulce de leche on top of cheesecake mixture, then use a knife to swirl into the batter.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan, then fill about ~1” with hot water. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until edges of cheesecake turn golden brown and pull away from the sides. The middle of the cheesecake will be a little jiggly.
- Per my friend Sam over at @frostingandfettuccine ’s advice, turn the oven off and crack the door just slightly. Let cheesecake cool for an hour in the oven, then remove and continue at room temperature until fully cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 371mg
- Fat: 40.7g
- Saturated Fat: 24.6g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
Keywords: how to bake a cheesecake, water bath for a cheesecake, dulce de leche, how to make a cookie crust, chocolate chip cookie crust, baking a cheesecake, easy cheesecake, how long to bake cheesecake