Matzah crack, a toffee-like coated matzah with dark chocolate and sea salt, is a totally addictive treat!!
- 4 sheets of matzah fit to cover a baking sheet
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 package dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 heaping Tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then cover with a single layer of matzah (as many pieces as you can fit).
- Place butter and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and let sit undisturbed until completely melted and bubbling a lot. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, then carefully swirl to combine.
- Pour caramel and sugar mixture on top of matzah and quickly spread with an offset spatula, trying your best to coat all matzah. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and pour entire bag of chocolate chips on top. Bake an additional 3 minutes. Spread chocolate in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Generously sprinkle sea salt all over the top, then refrigerate until hard, about 2 hours. Break into pieces. Store in refrigerator until needed.
Keywords: how to make matzah crack, toffee matzah, chocolate matzah, salted chocolate matzah, kosher for passover matzah, kosher for passover chocolate dessert, passover dessert, homemade chocolate matzah, how to make chocolate matzah