Toffee-like coated matzah with dark chocolate and sea salt. A totally addictive treat!
- 4 sheets of matzah fit to cover a baking sheet
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 package dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 heaping Tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then cover with a single layer of matzah (as many pieces as you can fit).
- Place butter and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and let sit undisturbed until completely melted and bubbling a lot. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, then carefully swirl to combine.
- Pour caramel and sugar mixture on top of matzah and quickly spread with an offset spatula, trying your best to coat all matzah. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and pour entire bag of chocolate chips on top. Bake an additional 3 minutes. Spread chocolate in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Generously sprinkle sea salt all over the top, then refrigerate until hard, about 2 hours. Break into pieces. Store in refrigerator until needed.
Keywords: matzah, toffee, caramel, salt, dessert, baking, crunchy, passover, chocolate, sea salt, gluten free