Easy breakfast tacos packed with smoked salmon, cream cheese, onion, and chives!
- 4 (6″ or 8“) corn or flour tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- ½ small red onion, minced
- ½ cup smoked salmon trimmings (or buy thinly sliced smoked salmon and cut into small pieces)
- 6 Tbsp cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbsp chives, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 F, then wrap tortillas in a neat stack in aluminum foil. Place directly on oven rack and warm for about 7-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel, then heat in microwave in 30-second increments until warm. Place two warmed tortillas on each plate.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl, then add onion, 2 Tbsp chives, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, then coat with cooking spray. Add eggs and cook, stirring often, until small curdles form.
- When eggs are slightly runny, add cream cheese and smoked salmon. Continue cooking until eggs are no longer runny, stirring often, then remove from heat.
- Divide scrambled eggs evenly between four tortillas, then top with additional chives. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 532
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 2662mg
- Fat: 30.5g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 43.6g
- Cholesterol: 636mg
Keywords: how to make breakfast tacos, breakfast tacos with smoked salmon, smoked salmon tacos, smoked salmon with cream cheese, lox, smoked salmon and eggs, homemade salmon tacos, salmon tacos, how to make salmon breakfast tacos