- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 butternut squash (spiralized)
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (crumbled, plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage (chopped)
- 2 strips bacon, (cooked and crumbled (optional))
- olive oil
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine eggs, cream, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Season with ½ tablespoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. I like to use a large nonstick pan. Add spiralized squash, season with salt and pepper, then cook until tender. Timing will depend on which setting you use on the spirazlier, but at least 6-8 minutes, longer cook times for thicker cuts of squash. Add minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- In small sauce pan melt butter over medium-high heat. When butter begins to brown add chopped sage. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add butternut squash, goat cheese, and sage browned butter to egg mixture.
- Spray quiche, tart, or pie dish with oil spray. Pour in egg mixture and bake for 45 minutes, or until quiche is set. Top with crispy bacon and 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese.