This warm brussels sprouts slaw with asian sesam vinaigrette is a meal prep dream come true! Can be served warm, room temperature, or cold.
For the brussels sprout slaw
- 2 lbs fresh shredded or shaved brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat pulled
- 1 large or 2 medium red bell peppers, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, plus more for serving
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- ⅓ cup loosely packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint, roughly chopped
For the asian sesame vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp low sodium-soy sauce (or coconut aminos if following Whole30)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp Trader Joe’s ginger paste (optional)
To make the brussels sprout slaw
- Heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat (I prefer a nonstick here) then add olive oil. Pour in shredded or shaved brussels sprouts, then season with salt and pepper. Sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Transfer brussels sprouts to a very large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to brussels sprouts, then toss to combine. Make asian sesame vinaigrette.
To make the asian sesame vinaigrette
- Combine the olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, agave, and ginger paste (if using) in a mason jar. Place lid on top, seal, then shake well. Store in fridge until needed.
- Pour asian sesame vinaigrette on top of warm brussels sprouts and remaining ingredients, then toss well to combine. Garnish with additional sliced almonds for added crunch (optional). Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
This salad is all about the brussels sprouts and the dressing – feel free to use up or add other vegetables as desired. I’ve tried this with edamame and purple cabbage (thinly sliced) and it’s excellent! Switch out the almonds for peanuts. Instead of rotisserie chicken, try adding small cooked shrimp. The possibilities are endless!
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Fat: 26.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: asian, vegetables, brussels sprouts, vegetarian, whole30, healthy, gluten free, sesame, soy sauce, carrots, spicy, pepper, nuts, almonds