Simple weeknight pasta of pancetta, peas, shiitakes, and fresh mint. SO refreshing and SO easy to make!
1 lb campanelle (or other pasta)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ lb pancetta, cubed (*see note below)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh English peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
¼ cup Grana Padano cheese, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add 1 Tbsp kosher salt. Cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add cubed pancetta and cook, stirring often, until mostly crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving pancetta grease in pan.
- Add shiitakes to the pan and cook undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until mushrooms are a deep golden brown on each side. Add shallots and peas, then season with 1 tsp kosher salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until peas are cooked through, but still have a little crunch to them. Add garlic, then cook 30 seconds more, or until fragrant.
- Pour in white wine and vinegar, then use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add cooked pasta and ½ cup reserved pasta water (*see note below if serving pasta the next day!), then stir to combine.
- Add heavy cream, butter, mint, and cheese, then toss once more. Serve immediately with extra mint and cheese on top.
*I like to get pancetta from behind the deli counter where they can slice it fresh. Ask for two ¼” pieces, which is about ½ lb!
*If making pasta the day before serving, simply reheat pasta in a large pot with a splash of heavy cream and/or the remaining reserved pasta water to bring it back to life.
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 1044mg
- Fat: 18.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6/9g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: how to cook pasta, italian, mushrooms, past with mint, herbs, how to cook pancetta, bacon, peas, white wine, heavy cream, weeknight, shallots, weeknight pasta with white wine, weeknight past with mint