Baked Vanilla-Almond French Toast
Baked vanilla-almond french toast is our favorite recipe to serve when hosting brunch! This oven baked french toast recipe is made with light, buttery brioche and feeds a crowd. You will love the delicate vanilla-almond flavor and will have a hard time stopping after 1 piece!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 loaf brioche
- 1 cup milk do not use non-fat
- ½ cup heavy cream `
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- confectioner's sugar for serving
- maple syrup for serving
Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice brioche into ½" thick slices.
Spray a standard-sized loaf pan with baking spray or line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste, and kosher salt.
Dip brioche into egg mixture, thoroughly coating each side, then place standing up in the loaf pan. Repeat until all bread is coated. You could also lay the bread flat in a baking dish and pour the egg mixture on top. Either way, don't leave the bread soaking for more than a minute or two. Brioche is extremely light and delicate, and additional time will cause it to fall apart.
Bake for 30 minutes, then top with slivered almonds. Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes more, or until lightly golden brown on top and eggs has formed a thin crust on the bread. Cool for 10-15 minutes, then serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- If you can't find vanilla bean paste, simply omit and increase vanilla extract to 1 Tbsp.
- Do NOT leave brioche in egg mixture for longer than 30 seconds or it will disintegrate. Brioche is an extraordinarily light and airy bread, making it perfect for an oven baked french toast, but you definitely want it to maintain it's shape!
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 341mg | Sodium: 734mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1422IU | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2mg