This classic gin cocktail features fresh lemon juice, homemade simple syrup, and is topped with cold Champagne! A perfect light and crisp cocktail for both summer gatherings as well as celebratory events!
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 oz distilled gin such as The Botanist
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice plus peel from lemon
- ½ oz simple syrup see note below
- 2 oz Champagne cold
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously, then strain into a flute. Fill with cold Champagne, then garnish with twisted lemon peel. Serve immediately.
- Instead of Champagne, you could certainly substitute Prosecco, Cava, or Brut. You just want that final splash to be bubbly!
- You can replace the gin with cognac, which is actually the original spirit used in this popular drink!
- Don't want to make simple syrup? Agave nectar is a decent substitute in a pinch!
- Fresh out of lemons or want something with a little oomph? Try replacing lemon juice with something a bit more tart such fresh grapefruit juice.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 50mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 8mg | Iron: 1mg