Everything Chopped Salad with Roasted Shrimp and Halloumi
This easy chopped salad is loaded with mini bagel toasts, everything seasoning, roasted shrimp, pan fried halloumi, and a creamy ranch dressing!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 (12 oz) bag Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Salad Kit
- 1 lb extra large white shrimp (16-20 count) peeled and deveined
- 8 oz halloumi
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl, combine shrimp with 1 Tbsp olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper then toss to combine. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, then roast for 5 minutes, or until pink and fully cooked through with an internal temperature of 165F. Set aside.
Meanwhile, slice halloumi cheese into ¼" - ½" thick pieces. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to the skillet, then quickly fry halloumi 2 minutes on the first side. Carefully flip with tongs or a spatula, then cook 1 minute more. Place halloumi on a plate and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine entire contents of Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Kit, including mini bagel toasts, everything bagel seasoning, and ranch dressing. You can add whole shrimp and halloumi slices or chop them into smaller pieces. Add to the bowl, toss to combine, then serve immediately.
Don't forget to pick up an Everything Chopped Kit near you!!
- Make ahead: both roasted shrimp and pan fried halloumi cheese are delicious warm, but can be enjoyed at room temperature. These ingredients can be prepped 1 day in advance and either eaten cold, room temperature, or heated just before serving. Do not mix salad dressing until ready to eat.
- Shrimp can be replaced with other proteins: chicken, salmon, or roasted chickpeas are great options, but I love the texture of the shrimp with the salty halloumi!
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1852mg | Potassium: 91mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 731mg | Iron: 2mg