Baked ricotta has the texture of a light and airy soufflé. This quick cheese dip is ready in 30 minutes and full of flavor - a little sweet, a little heat! - and can be eaten with a spoon or served with crostini or crackers! GF!
Servings: 6 servings
(6) Mini .25 qt cocottes or 1 large 1.5-2 qt baking dish
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp chives thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400F. Use nonstick spray or butter to coat baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, 1 cup grated parmesan, 2 Tbsp chives, and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes. Stir with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
Transfer ricotta mixture to prepared baking dish(es). Sprinkle remaining grated parmesan on top, then bake for 30 minutes, or until ricotta has puffed up like a soufflé and turned golden brown. Serve with spoons or alongside crudité, crostini, charcuterie, or fresh fruit,
Don't forget to check out our guide on homemade ricotta!
- If you prefer a less cooked cheese dip, begin checking baked ricotta at 15 minutes. It will not be golden brown or puffed up, but it will be safe to eat (eggs cooked through) and can be served with crostini, crudité, fruit, etc.
- Unbaked, the ricotta can be frozen for up to 3 months and then baked according to instructions above, adding a few additional minutes.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 141mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 822IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 662mg | Iron: 1mg