Bite-size antipasto skewers are a staple for holiday entertaining! Mix-and-match your favorite Italian cured meats, cheeses, vegetables, and olives to create something everyone will enjoy. Turn the skewers into a festive holiday wreath, then watch them disappear!
Servings: 10 servings
- ⅓ lb mortadella
- ⅓ lb prosciutto
- ⅓ lb salami
- ⅓ lb pepperoni
- 8 oz bocconcini or fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 8 oz provolone or gouda spicy if you like heat!
- 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 12 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup olives any variety
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
Assemble all the antipasto skewers. Lay out all ingredients in front of you, then prepare the skewers. We like each skewer to have at least 1 fresh leaf of basil, 1 cheese, and 2 cured meats. If a piece of basil is too large, cut it in ½ or ⅓ so it's comparable in size to the other ingredients. Fill the rest of the skewer with veggies and olives! Continue assembling skewers until all ingredients are used.
Grab a round serving board or tray. If it's not safe for olive oil (such as marble or other sensitive material), place a layer of parchment paper down first. Place the skewers on the board in a single layer forming a circle, leaving a whole in the center large enough for a small bowl.
Pile another layer of skewers on top, forming a beautiful holiday wreath! When you're finished assembling the antipasto board, throw any leftover ingredients into a tiny bowl, then place in the center of the wreath with a few extra toothpicks or skewers on the side.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Allow antipasto to come to room temperature before serving.
- We recommend ¼ - ⅓ lb of each cold cut to make about 3 dozen skewers, enough for 8-10 guests.
- Skewers can be assembled up to 3 days in advance, then wrapped with plastic wrap and refrigerated until needed. Allow skewers to come to room temperature before serving.
- Variations on antipasto skewers:
- Drizzle the entire board with balsamic vinegar or Italian dressing (olive oil, vinegar, and Italian seasoning will do the job in a pinch!)
- Use any Italian cold cuts or deli meats you love most: turkey, roast beef, porchetta, soppresata, speck!
- Can't find bocconcini balls? Use fresh mozzarella torn or cut into bite size squares.
- Add roasted meats such as turkey, chicken, or pork. Cube any leftovers, then toss in Italian dressing before adding to skewers!
- Use up dried or marinated vegetables lying around the fridge or pantry: sun dried tomatoes, pepperoncini, or marinated mushrooms are great!
- Add small marinated fish, such as anchovies or sardines for a salty bite!
- Craving carbs? Add tiny cubes of focaccia to the skewers! Who wouldn't love that?!
Serving: 4skewers | Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1814mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1206IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 2mg