This classic Greek salad is loaded with salty feta, briny Kalamata olives, crunchy cucumbers and tomatoes, then tossed with a vibrant Greek vinaigrette. Romaine is totally optional! A healthy, light salad that everyone will love!
Servings: 6 servings
For the salad
- 8 oz feta cut into ½" pieces, divided (set aside 2 Tbsp for dressing)
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes cut into ½" pieces or 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large English cucumber cut into ½" pieces
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 3 heads Romaine lettuce thinly sliced
For the Greek vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp feta crumbled (from above)
- 2 small garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
If serving right away: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, then toss to mix well.
If prepping in advance: Place cubed feta, olives, and shallots in a large container, then pour vinaigrette on top and seal. In separate containers, place cucumbers, tomatoes (see note below), and chopped Romaine, if using. When ready to serve, combine all ingredients together and toss with Greek vinaigrette.
Make the vinagirette. Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, then seal tightly. Shake vigorously to combine, then serve on the side or pour over salad and toss.
- If making earlier in the week, we recommend using grape or cherry tomatoes, as they maintain their shape more.
- Dried herbs are generally more potent than fresh, which is why you use them in smaller quantities. If making the Greek vinaigrette with fresh herbs, double the oregano and chop it finely.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 997mg | Potassium: 1054mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 28072IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 4mg