Grilled Asparagus In Foil
Asparagus is a springtime staple, and this is our favorite way to enjoy it. You'll love serving this healthy grilled asparagus in foil with all meats and seafood. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. GF
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 (1 lb) bundle of asparagus divided
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated, for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Flaky sea salt for serving
Prepare the asparagus. Preheat a grill to 400-425F. Use a sharp knife to cut off 1 ½ - 2" from the bottom of each asparagus stalk. These are woody, hard, and tough to chew. Discard.
Season the asparagus. Place trimmed asparagus on a large piece of aluminum foil. You might have to do this in two batches depending on the size of the asparagus bundle. Try not to have more than two asparagus stacked on top of each other or it won't cook evenly. Drizzle the asparagus with 2 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp Kosher salt, and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
Wrap in foil. Pull up the sides of the aluminum foil, then fold tightly to create and seal the asparagus into a wrapped packet.
Grill the asparagus. Place each packet on a preheated grill, then cook for 4-6 minutes per side. Remove carefully, then rest for a few minutes. See note below.
Garnish then serve. Carefully open each packet (watch out for the steam!), then finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon, grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt. Serve immediately.
- Thinner asparagus stalks will cook in less time. We recommend 4 minutes per side.
- Look for firm asparagus. Make sure the stalks and tips are both firm. If they are mushy in any way, don't buy 'em!
- Remove the tough, woody ends. The bottom of asparagus stalks tends to be tougher and woody. Simply line the asparagus up on a cutting board, then use a sharp knife to cut off the bottom 1 ½ - 2" -- discard.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg