30-Minute Chopped Santa Fe Salad
This Santa Fe salad is a copycat from the beloved Chopt version that we've been enjoying for years. Filled with avocado, corn, crispy shallots, tomatoes, Pepper Jack cheese, and a flavorful cilantro lime dressing. Add grilled or roasted chicken for added protein, then finely chop. A hearty, filling salad for lunch or dinner! Gluten-free.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled and cubed
- ½ cup corn from 1 large ear of corn, removed from the cob and cooked -- *see note below
- ½ cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup pepperjack cheese cubed
- ½ cup crispy shallots plus more for serving, recipe below
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup grilled chicken optional
- Cilantro lime dressing or your favorite homemade salad dressing
Combine all ingredients. Place roughly chopped lettuce in a large mixing bowl. To this, add 1 ripe avocado, cubed, ½ cup cooked corn, ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes, ½ cup cubed pepperjack cheese, ½ cup crispy shallots, and ¼ cup cilantro. Add chopped chicken, if using.
Finely chop. Turn the ingredients out onto a cutting board, then roughly chop into bite size pieces with a knife.
Dress the salad. Return the chopped salad to the mixing bowl, then drizzle as much cilantro lime dressing as you like. Toss the salad with tongs, then transfer to a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of crispy shallots.
- Cilantro lime dressing recipe here!
- Crispy shallots recipe here (though of course store0bought is fine)!
- To cook fresh corn: bring a pot of water to a boil, then add 1 tsp Kosher salt. Place corn in boiling water, then cook about 3 minutes on all sides, for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove, let cool slightly, then use a sharp knife to cut kernels off of the cob.
- Do not add crispy shallots until ready to serve, or you risk them losing their crunch!
- To make ahead: follow the first 2 steps of instructions, then transfer chopped salad to a tupperware or storage container. We recommend leaving out the crispy shallots until tossing with dressing. Make cilantro lime dressing up to 3 days in advance. When ready, toss the salad with crispy shallots and dressing, then enjoy immediately.
- Nutrition facts do not include dressing.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6610IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 2mg