Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies Recipe
Our quick and simple sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe is a healthy, easy to prepare, 30 minute meal. It's Whole30 compliant and packed with flavor! GF, DF
Servings: 4 servings
For the sausage and veggies
- 4 links hot Italian chicken sausage or other sausage (pork, turkey, beef -- any flavor). If adhering to Whole30, check label for ingredient list
- 1 lb baby potatoes or other small potatoes, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges, core still intact
- 2 bell peppers any color, seeded and cut into strips
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 small garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard if adhering to Whole30, check label for ingredient list
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
Prepare the sausage.Preheat oven to 450F. Prick the sausages all over with a sausage pricker or paring knife, being careful not to cut all the way through.
Assemble the ingredients. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper, then add sausages. In between and around the sausages, add thinly sliced bell peppers, red onion wedges, and halved or thinly sliced potatoes. Drizzle everything with 3 Tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle the vegetables only (not the sausage!) with ½ tsp Kosher salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
Cook the sausage and vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping the sausage over and tossing the veggies every 10 minutes.
Make the dressing. Meanwhile, combine 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, ½ lemon juiced,1 small minced garlic clove, ½ tsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp dried oregano, and ¼ tsp Kosher salt in a mason jar. Seal tightly, then shake until well mixed. Set aside.
Add the dressing. Pour the dressing on top of the sausage and veggies, then toss to combine. Serve immediately with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
- Whole30: If adhering to Whole30, make sure to check labels for sausage and Dijon mustard.
- Sausage: Use any type of sausage you like. 4 links is typically 12 oz, with 1 sausage link per serving. Chicken sausage is safe to eat when an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1873IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg