Spring Mix Salad Recipe
Our spring mix salad features light, crisp baby lettuces, crunchy snap peas, radishes, and thin slices of prosciutto. Toss with a simple, but flavorful lemon vinaigrette for an easy side salad with amazing texture. GF, DF
Servings: 2 servings
Large bowl or platter for serving
Mason jar with lid or small bowl and whisk to make salad dressing
For the salad
- 4 oz Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix
- 1 cup snap peas trimmed and thinly sliced into ¼" pieces
- ½ cup radishes trimmed and julienned
- 3 oz Prosciutto thinly sliced, ripped into small, bite-size pieces
For the lemon vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice about ½ large lemon
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp chives thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Assemble the salad. Place Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix in a large bowl or on a large platter. Scatter the sliced snap peas and radishes on top, then add the thinly sliced prosciutto.
Make the lemon vinaigrette. Combine ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon, 2 Tbsp sliced chives, ½ tsp Kosher salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper in a small jar with lid. Seal tightly, then shake vigorously until emulsified. Alternatively, you can whisk all salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Toss the salad, then serve. Drizzle as much of the lemon vinaigrette on top as you like. Toss, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed. A little additional black pepper is nice, but you likely will not need more salt, given the dressing and the prosciutto. Serve immediately!
- Nutrition facts include all of the lemon vinaigrette. It is very likely that you will have leftover dressing, so take that into consideration. Leftover vinaigrette will keep for up to 2 weeks in a fridge.
- Do not dress the salad more than 30 minutes before serving or it will begin to wilt.
Calories: 697kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 71g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 47g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1329IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg