Easy to make, pan seared swordfish steaks are topped with a perfectly salty, sweet olive relish. You'll have an impressive, healthy, restaurant-worthy meal on the table in less than 30 minutes, guaranteed. GF, DF
Servings: 4 servings
For the swordfish
- 4 (6 oz) swordfish steaks about 1 ½ lbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp neutral oil such as grapeseed, avocado, canola, or vegetable oil
For the olive relish
- ½ cup Castelvetrano olives pitted thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted, thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp capers drained
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, for serving
Season the swordfish. Season swordfish steaks on both sides with 1 tsp Kosher salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
Make the olive relish. Place ½ cup Castelvetrano olives, ½ cup Kalamata olives, 1 chopped tomato, 2 Tbsp capers, 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts, 2 Tbsp golden raisins, and 2 Tbsp chopped parsley in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp EVOO, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, then season with remaining ½ tsp Kosher salt and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Cook the swordfish. Preheat Thomas Keller Insignia Sauté Pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add 2-3 Tbsp of neutral oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan). When the oil shimmers, carefully add the seasoned swordfish steaks then cook, undisturbed, for 5-6 minutes per side.
Garnish, then serve. When the swordfish is fully cooked, squeeze 1 or 2 lemon wedges right on top, then spoon the olive relish over each steak. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, then serve immediately!
- Olive relish can be made 3 days in advance. We recommend waiting to add the chopped tomatoes until just before serving so they don't get too mushy.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1515mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 572IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg