Chocolate Babka Parfaits
Chocolate babka parfaits take advantage of high quality, store bought dessert, then elevate it! Layers of fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings make this an unforgettable, yet ridiculously simple dessert!
Servings: 6 -8 desserts
- 1 16 oz chocolate babka (such as Lilly’s, sold at Whole Foods)
- ¾ cup heavy cream cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar sifted
- ¼ cup dark chocolate shaved, optional
Cut ¾ of the babka into ½” cubes. Set the rest aside.
Whip heavy cream on high in the bowl of a stand mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar, then continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
In small glass jars, alternate layers of babka and whipped cream for a total of 4 layers. Cut reserved babka into a small dice, about ¼” in size. Place on top, then add chocolate shavings if using, then refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving to help set the whipped cream. Enjoy immediately!
- Can substitute any flavor of babka -- cinnamon would be wonderful!
- Chocolate babka parfaits will keep in a refrigerator for up to 3 days, though are best on the 1st day. The longer they sit, the more likely the fresh whipped cream is to collapse.
- Chocolate shavings are optional, but add wonderful texture to the finished dessert.
- Homemade babka can be used, but I am such a fan of Lilly's chocolate babka that I never use anything else for this dessert!
Serving: 1parfait | Sodium: 165mg | Sugar: 24.9g | Fiber: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Calories: 430kcal | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Fat: 23.6g | Protein: 6.2g | Carbohydrates: 48.6g