– Pat steaks dry with a paper towel, then place them on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven.
– Sprinkle each steak with Kosher salt. Season on all sides with freshly ground black pepper, as much as you like.
– Place the filets into a preheated oven and cook according to desired doneness.
– Allow the filets to rest while you heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. When it begins to smoke, add neutral oil.
– Place steaks in the hot skillet, then cook, flipping the steaks until a crust has formed.
– Let the steaks sit for 5-10 minutes to rest.
– Serve immediately. We recommend having flaky sea salt on standby for serving.