Phyllo Cups Make A Perfect Appetizer
There is so much to love about quick and simple phyllo cups! When planning out appetizers for entertaining, make sure there’s at least one finger food. They’re always the first to disappear!
Here’s why we love this recipe so much:
- No need to make homemade phyllo dough or roll anything out – store bought phyllo cups for the win!
- Brie always feels fancy enough to be served as a holiday appetizer.
- The acidity of the sun dried tomatoes is the perfect contrast to the rich, buttery brie. Cuts the richness in the best way possible!
- Crispy prosciutto
- Fried, crunchy bits of sage
These totally satisfying bites will disappear lightning fast!
Ingredients For A Simple Baked Brie Appetizer
- 24 mini phyllo cups (2 packages)
- 1/2 lb of French brie or triple cream cheese
- Sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- fresh sage leaves
- reduced or regular balsamic vinegar
The sweet, tangy sun dried tomatoes and the creamy French brie are a match made in heaven!
How To Make Baked Brie Phyllo Cups
- Preheat an oven to 350 F, then place frozen phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Fill each cup with about 1 tsp of brie, then top with chopped sun dried tomatoes. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and phyllo cups have browned a bit.
- Top each phyllo cup with crispy prosciutto and fried sage leaves.
AKA the perfect holiday appetizer. Finger food is notoriously the first to disappear at any and all large gatherings. Make a double batch and freeze any extras!
Do Phyllo Dough Cups Need To Be Defrosted?
No! You can let the cups sit out for 10-15 minutes before baking, but they’re totally fine to go straight into the oven once filled.
Brie phyllo cups are the easiest holiday appetizer ever, am I right?
How To Keep Phyllo Cups From Getting Soggy
As soon as you pull the baked brie cups from the oven, transfer them to a wire rack. The air circulating underneath the phyllo will prevent them from becoming soggy.
Keep phyllo cups on a wire rack until ready to serve.
If you’ve got extra phyllo to use up and are looking for another appetizer idea, check out these cute little fig and goat cheese bites!
I’m telling you — holiday entertaining just got a major facelift with this cute, quick-to-disappear appetizer!
If you make Baked Brie Phyllo Cups, please let us know by leaving a review below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Looking for more appetizers? Check out the following!
- Roasted grape crostini with whipped ricotta
- Spanakopita spirals
- Baked pita bites with smoked salmon
- Israeli cheese bourekas
- Homemade ricotta cheese
- Cranberry walnut crostini with ricotta, butternut squash, and balsamic
Baked Brie Phyllo Cups Recipe
- 24 mini phyllo cups 2 packages
- 1/2 lb French brie or triple cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp julienned California Sun Dry tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 oz prosciutto chopped into small 1/2″ pieces (you can also just rip it apart into small pieces with your hands)
- 24 fresh small fresh sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp canola oil divided
- Balsamic vinegar for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place frozen phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill each with about 1 tsp brie each, then top with 1/4 tsp of sun dried tomatoes per cup. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and phyllo has browned a bit. Remove and transfer cups to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add prosciutto and cook, stirring often until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, add remaining 1 Tbsp canola oil and turn heat to high. Add sage leaves and cook for about 30 seconds, just until they stop popping in the oil. Immediately transfer to a paper towel-lined plate or bowl.
- Top each baked brie phyllo cup with a piece of crispy prosciutto and a fried sage leaf. Drizzle cups with balsamic. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Let us know your thoughts!