These easy brown butter blondies come together quickly and use just 8 ingredients! These can be made using pantry staples in no time at all.
Dark chocolate brown butter blondies. I’m not sure you need further convincing, but did you hear the part about browned butter? And hello, look at that signature crackly top that everyone knows and loves from brownies!
This blondie bar recipe takes no time at all to prep, and these will make your house smell absolutely amazing. This is a great year-round dessert that can be enjoyed no matter the season. Plus, you can easily switch things up by adding different mix-ins to these blondies. The options are endless!
What’s in these brown butter blondies?
To make this easy blondie recipe, all you’ll need is unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, baking powder, salt, and bittersweet or dark chocolate. If desired, you can make chocolate chip blondies instead of chocolate chunk blondies if you don’t have any chocolate bars on hand.
How to make brown butter blondies
The only part of this recipe that requires extra effort is browning the butter. To brown the butter, simply add it to a saucepan and cook it until melted and there are brown bits on the bottom of the pan (the whole process takes maybe 5 minutes).
Once the butter is browned, stir the sugar into it and set it aside to cool before whisking in the eggs. Then, stir in the dry ingredients, followed by the chocolate chunks.
Bake the chocolate chunk brown butter blondies until golden on top and beginning to crack on top.
Can I use another type of chocolate in these blondies?
Of course! I prefer using dark chocolate in this blondie bar recipe because I like how the slightly bitter chocolate contrasts with the sweet batter. But you’re welcome to use milk or white chocolate if you prefer, or a mix!
How to store brown butter blondies
These blondie bars will keep on your counter for a few days. You can also freeze them in a zip-top bag and reheat them later in a warm oven or microwave.
Tips for making brown butter blondies
You must let the browned butter cool off before whisking in the eggs. If you add the eggs to the butter right after you take it off the stove, you’ll scramble the eggs (yuck).
Don’t skip the kosher salt in this blondie bar recipe. The salt brings out the flavor of these chocolate chip blondies and makes them even tastier. Don’t worry, these won’t taste salty at all.
And I know it’s hard, but you really do need to wait for these brown butter blondies to cool most of the way before slicing and serving them. They set up as they cool and become ultra rich and fudgy.
If you make my brown butter blondies, please let me know by leaving a review below! And make sure to sign up for my newsletter, and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes!
For additional easy dessert recipes, check out the following:
Dark Chocolate Chunk Browned Butter Blondies
- 14 Tbsp (1 ¾ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups white pastry or all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8×8-inch pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter stops foaming and there are brown bits on the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer butter to a large mixing bowl, then add in brown sugar and whisk until well combined. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, whisking after each addition for about 10 strokes, then add vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour into the batter mix, then whisk only until a few pockets of flour remain. Fold in chopped chocolate, then turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until top is light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack, then transfer from pan and cut into 2×2 squares.