The beauty of chopped salad kits is that they’re incredibly convenient. We’re keeping things simple today and merely dressing up an already delicious and nutritious salad from Taylor Farms by adding roasted shrimp and pan fried halloumi. It’s a match made in heaven, especially when paired with their creamy ranch dressing! They’re making it easy to keep fresh staples on hand during this crazy time in our lives.
- 1 (12 oz bag) Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Kit: the base of the salad, which is made up of green leaf lettuce, shredded broccoli, cabbage, mini bagel toasts, carrot, green onion, everything bagel seasoning, and everything seasoned ranch dressing
- Large white shrimp, peeled and deveined: the shrimp add an overall sweetness and a great textural contrast to the crunchy chopped veggies
- Halloumi: a salty, semi-firm cheese that gets pan seared and begins to melt
- Olive oil: to roast the white shrimp
- Kosher salt and black pepper: to season the shrimp while roasting
How to roast shrimp
Oven roasted shrimp could not be easier! Simply toss peeled and deveined extra large shrimp with 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper (per pound of shrimp), then bake at 425F for 5 minutes. Smaller shrimp will take less time, while jumbo shrimp may take up to 10 minutes.
Key takeaway: shrimp are fully cooked when an internal temperature of 165F is reached and the shrimp have turned bright pink.
We recommend the Thermapen MK4 to check for doneness on all meats!
Note: for this recipe, I used extra large white shrimp, which come 16-20 per pound.
I adore halloumi. It’s salty, firm, and can be heated up (my preferred method is pan frying!) while still maintaining its shape, making it the perfect cheese for a salad!
How to cook halloumi
Slice a block of drained, dried halloumi into ¼” – ½” thick slices.
Preheat a nonstick skillet — nonstick is key! — over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil, then pan sear halloumi slices about 2 minutes on the first side, then carefully flip with tongs and cook an additional 1 minute on the second side. If you’re eating right away, you can place warmed halloumi directly on top of salad. Otherwise, simply transfer to a plate until ready to serve.
Make ahead friendly!
You read that right! The shrimp can be eaten cold, room temperature, or hot out of the oven, so prepping for this easy weeknight salad is a breeze. Similarly, the halloumi can be cooked up to 1 day in advance. It’s best when served piping hot, but you can quickly reheat in a microwave or oven until warmed through and bubbly!
When ready to serve, combine entire contents of Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Kit — including mini bagel toasts, everything bagel seasoning, and everything bagel seasoned ranch dressing — into a large mixing bowl. Add whole shrimp and halloumi slices, then toss to combine. Alternatively, feel free to chop roasted shrimp and cheese into smaller pieces. You do you! But guys, it doesn’t matter how you serve this. The flavor combination is seriously delish.
One bite and you’ll be hooked. I certainly was! This salad has got everything going on: it’s nutritious, creamy, cheesy, and seriously satisfying!
So now I’m dying to know: do you love Taylor Farms salad kits as much as I do?! You know how passionate I am about entertaining. Hosting family and friends is my absolute favorite, so listen when I say this one gets the Ari seal of approval. I would 100% serve this, and proudly, to my nearest and dearest.
Now it’s your turn! Grab a bag (or two!) of Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Salad next time you run up to the store, and don’t forget the shrimp and halloumi! Your weeknight dinner routine is gonna thank you big time.
If you make this Everything Chopped Salad with Roasted Shrimp and Halloumi, please let me know by leaving a rating and review below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For more simple weeknight dinners, check out the following recipes:
- Tomato Gazpacho with Mozzarella
- Pan-Fried Chicken with White Beans and Kale
- Weeknight Slow Cooked Salmon
- Sheet Pan Chicken Meatballs stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Spicy Crab Pasta with Lemon, and Capers
Everything Chopped Salad Recipe with Roasted Shrimp and Halloumi
- 1 (12 oz) bag Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Salad Kit
- 1 lb extra large white shrimp (16-20 count) peeled and deveined
- 8 oz halloumi
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl, combine shrimp with 1 Tbsp olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper then toss to combine. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, then roast for 5 minutes, or until pink and fully cooked through with an internal temperature of 165F. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice halloumi cheese into ¼" – ½" thick pieces. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to the skillet, then quickly fry halloumi 2 minutes on the first side. Carefully flip with tongs or a spatula, then cook 1 minute more. Place halloumi on a plate and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine entire contents of Taylor Farms Everything Chopped Kit, including mini bagel toasts, everything bagel seasoning, and ranch dressing. You can add whole shrimp and halloumi slices or chop them into smaller pieces. Add to the bowl, toss to combine, then serve immediately.
- Make ahead: both roasted shrimp and pan fried halloumi cheese are delicious warm, but can be enjoyed at room temperature. These ingredients can be prepped 1 day in advance and either eaten cold, room temperature, or heated just before serving. Do not mix salad dressing until ready to eat.
- Shrimp can be replaced with other proteins: chicken, salmon, or roasted chickpeas are great options, but I love the texture of the shrimp with the salty halloumi!