You’ll Never Buy Caesar Salad Dressing From A Store Again
We’re serious! This homemade caesar salad dressing is 1000x better than anything you’ll buy at the store. Here’s why we love it so much:
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Can be made in a food processor
- Packs a bite from the garlic and fresh anchovies (don’t hate, they are a Caesar salad must!!
- Bright and acidic from the fresh lemon juice
- Slightly nutty from grated parmesan cheese
There’s just so much love. This caesar dressing is well-rounded, robust, and so creamy. You’re going to love it!
Ingredients for Caesar Salad Dressing
- Good mayonnaise (we love Duke’s!)
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh lemon juice
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dijon mustard
Doesn’t take much to make the perfect Caesar dressing! You could absolutely whisk everything together in a bowl — you’ll have to finely chop the garlic, anchovies, and parsley! — but we love to make this in our food processor.
How To Make Homemade Caesar Dressing
Simple! Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with blade attachment. Process for 30 seconds, or until well blended.
Use a small spatula to scrape the sides as needed, then pulse again to thoroughly combine.
How Long Will Homemade Caesar Dressing Last?
Caesar salad dressing will keep for up to 1 week in a refrigerator. Make sure to store your homemade salad dressing in an airtight container!
And before you say, “that’s not a long time!” we promise this never lasts long. If you’re looking for a Caesar salad recipe to pair it with, you absolutely must try our shredded brussel sprout caesar salad!
Can I Replace Or Leave Out The Anchovies?
Nope, you sure can’t!
I mean, okay fine, you can, but you really shouldn’t. A good Caesar dressing is known for it’s slightly funky flavor and that is thanks in part to cured or fresh anchovies.
Trust us — you will not be biting down into a large piece of anchovy. They get well blended and add the most wonderful flavor. Try it as written before omitting.
However, if you are fresh out of anchovies, you can substitute with 1 tsp anchovy paste.
Ways To Use Caesar Salad Dressing
You mean other than in our epic shredded brussel sprout salad? Okay, we hear you!
You can use it as a spread on sandwiches, as a condiment for grilled meats and fishes (salmon, steak, chicken, even sausages!), or served alongside crispy chicken wings. And we promise we won’t tell a soul if you use Caesar dressing as a dip for french fries!!
Kale caesar salad, anyone? We see you.
Look, we’re not saying this caesar salad dressing will change your life. But we’re not not saying that either.
If you make this Caesar Salad Dressing, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below.
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For simple salad recipes, check out the following:
- Everything salad with shrimp and halloumi
- Avocado tomato salad
- Chicken milanese with fennel salad
- Hangry no more salad
- White bean salad with tuna
Caesar Salad Dressing
- Food processor fitted with blade attachment
- ¾ cup good mayonnaise
- 2 anchovies
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with blade attachment. Process until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides as needed. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until needed.
- Dressing will last up to 1 week in a refrigerator.
- Don’t have anchovies? Substitute 1 tsp anchovy paste.
- If you prefer, finely chop all ingredients then whisk together in a bowl instead of using a food processor.