Phyllo Wrapped Goat Cheese Salad
When it comes to simple, healthy meals, nothing beats a fresh, crunchy, vibrant salad kit. Our favorites are from Taylor Farms (we seriously eat these on rotation)! And they come together in minutes.
Their new Strawberry Rosé Chopped Kit offers a lightened up kale and radicchio base with tangy strawberry infused cranberries, crunchy almonds, and sweet rosé berry vinaigrette. Light, healthy, and quick to throw together on a busy week day for lunch (as we often do).
We serve the salad with crispy phyllo wrapped goat cheese — because everyone loves a goat cheese salad! — and a slice of whole wheat sourdough. Your working lunch never looked so good!
Ingredients For Goat Cheese Salad
This salad could not be simpler to make. We’re topping an already flavorful chopped salad kit with phyllo wrapped goat cheese.
- 1 (12 oz bag) Strawberry Rosé Chopped Kit: the base of the salad, which is made up of shredded green leaf, kale, radicchio, strawberry infused cranberries, sliced almonds, and rosé flavored berry vinaigrette.
- Goat cheese
- Phyllo dough
- Melted butter
- Flaky sea salt
- Black pepper
How To Make Phyllo Wrapped Goat Cheese
Begin by cutting an 8 oz goat cheese log into 1 oz medallions.
Next, stack two sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Cut the phyllo into rectangles that are roughly 6″x8″.
Place goat cheese medallion in the bottom ⅓ of the phyllo, then gently roll the dough around it, tucking the sides under at the end. You’ll form a little goat cheese packet.
Transfer phyllo wrapped goat cheese to a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush each with some melted butter, then bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown all over.
Depending on your hunger level, serve 1 or 2 goat cheese per salad.
Phyllo wrapped goat cheese can be served over the salad kit immediately.
How To Reheat Phyllo
While you can definitely pop the phyllo wrapped goat cheese in the microwave, it will lose its crunch. Instead, we recommend placing the goat cheese packets back into a preheated oven or toaster oven to reheat at 325-350F for ~10 minutes.
The goat cheese will warm and soften again, while the phyllo crisps up (though nothing is as good as serving these fresh!).
We typically eat these salads the day we make them, so there are rarely any leftovers.
This phyllo wrapped goat cheese salad is quick, healthy, and so easy to pull together for a quick lunch. And food that we can feel good about eating is food that we will serve over and over again.
If you make this Goat Cheese Salad, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below.
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For more great salads, check out the following:
- Everything chopped salad with shrimp and halloumi
- Vegan roasted vegetable salad
- White bean salad with tuna
- Lentil salad
- Shredded brussel sprouts salad
- Avocado tomato salad
Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 12 oz Strawberry Rosé Salad Kit
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place a piece of parchment on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut goat cheese into 1 oz medallions. Stack two sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Cut the phyllo into rectangles that are roughly 6"x8". Place one goat cheese medallion on the bottom ⅓ of the phyllo, then gently roll the dough around it, tucking the sides under at the end. You'll form a little goat cheese packet. Repeat with remaining goat cheese and phyllo dough.
- Transfer phyllo wrapped goat cheese to a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush each with some melted butter, then bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown all over. Sprinkle each with a little flaky sea salt and a touch of black pepper. Serve over Strawberry Rosé Chopped Kit immediately with almonds and strawberry infused cranberries.
- To reheat phyllo wrapped goat cheese: place the packets back into a preheated oven or toaster oven to reheat at 325-350F for ~10 minutes.