There is so much to love about this homemade spicy mayo recipe!
- It’s quick! This recipe has a prep time of 2 minutes.
- There are only 2 simple ingredients!
- Spicy mayonnaise is gluten-free and dairy-free!
- Using this spicy mayo recipe as a condiment or spread will instantly elevate any and every dish it touches!
Ingredients for Spicy Mayo
Brace yourself, this is a very complicated recipe!
We love Kewpie mayo! It is both thicker and creamier than traditional American mayonnaise because it is made with egg yolks only (instead of whole eggs). Additionally, it is made with rice vinegar instead of distilled white vinegar, giving it a signature tang that is so delicious. Buy online or pick up at your local Asian market.
There is also an eggless version of Kewpie, which would make this spicy mayo vegan!
Sriracha, on the other hand, provides heat! It’s a hot sauce made from a blend of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. You could substitute with other chili sauce or hot sauce, but we’d recommend something that has a little sugar in it for a touch of sweetness.
This spicy mayo recipe is gluten-free and dairy free!
How To Store Spicy Mayo
Spicy mayo will keep in an airtight sealed storage container in a refrigerator for up to 1 week.
What To Do With Spicy Mayo Other Than Sushi
This spicy mayo recipe certainly has a place in our hearts when paired alongside sushi or poké bowls, but have you ever enjoyed spicy mayonnaise on a sandwich? Game changer!
It doesn’t even have to be Asian-inspired. There was a restaurant in New Canaan, CT that my family loved — they made a turkey sandwich on baguette with blackberry jam and sriracha mayo. Cannot recommend the sweet and spicy flavor enough.
Other ideas for using leftover spicy mayo:
- spicy kani salad
- on top of black bean burgers
- as a sauce on mushroom tacos
- on any and all sandwiches
- french fries (omg, can you imagine?!)
If you dream it, you can top it with this spicy mayo recipe!
With a prep time of 2 minutes and only 2 simple ingredients, there is no reason not to have a batch of homemade spicy mayo in your fridge at all times!
If you make this Spicy Mayo recipe, please let me know by leaving a rating and review below.
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For more simple, flavorful recipes, check out the following:
How to Make Spicy Mayo
- ½ cup Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha or other chili sauce
- Place Kewpie and Sriracha in a small mixing bowl, then whisk to combine. Store spicy mayo in a sealed airtight container in a refrigerator until needed.