You probably stumbled upon this Grilled Corn Salad recipe because you have an abundance of fresh summer corn and zucchini and don’t know what to make. Am I close?
Well it’s your lucky day, because this summer salad is the only way you’ll want to enjoy these veggies, pretty much ever.
It’s got an amazing char, great texture from the corn and crunchy toasted walnuts, and the perfect creamy touch from salty feta cheese. Toss it all together with a super bright, flavorful homemade basil vinaigrette. We’re telling you, this is an absolute staple for summer! You’ll make this again and again (and then again!).
If you love this salad, consider trying our Tomato Mozzarella Salad next!
You’ll of course need sweet, fresh corn on the cob and zucchini! Other than that, grab some feta cheese, green onions (scallions), and walnuts. Feel free to substitute the walnuts with some other toasted nut, but we love the tender, yet crunchy texture of walnuts.
To dress the salad, we recommend our 5-minute basil vinaigrette. It is the perfect, light, fresh dressing for any summer salad, but works especially well here!
Equipment needed: a grill, tongs, and a large mixing bowl to assemble the grilled corn salad.
How To Make Perfect Grilled Zucchini
There are endless ways to grill zucchini, but for this specific recipe we recommend trimmed the ends, then cutting each squash into quartered wedges. Heat a grill, then coat with nonstick grill spray. Drizzle the zucchini wedges with a neutral oil (like avocado oil, canola oil, grapeseed, or vegetable oil), then season with Kosher salt and black pepper.
Place the zucchini directly on the grill grates, then cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or ~12 minutes.
The zucchini should be charred on the outside, but have a creamy, tender center. Allow to cool slightly before chopping into bite size pieces, about ½-inch big. Place in a large mixing bowl.
How To Grill Summer Corn
Once the grill is heated, you can coat the corn in olive oil or grill them naked. For this recipe, we do the latter — they’ll get tossed with that beautiful basil vinaigrette later!
Grill the corn on the cob for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until charred all over, about 12-14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes or so, then use a sharp knife to cue the corn kernels off each cob. Easy grilled corn! Place into the large bowl along with the grilled zucchini.
Assemble The Salad
Once you’ve got the grilled zucchini and corn, simply toss to combine with toasted walnuts, salty feta cheese, and thinly sliced scallions. Stir along with the salad dressing, then dig in!
We think this Grilled Corn Salad recipe is pretty perfect as is, but you can certainly add seasonal ingredients and play around. Halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, or ripe avocado would be delicious additions.
If you’re using our lemon basil vinaigrette, no need to add fresh herbs since it’s packed with basil. If you use a different vinaigrette, consider adding fresh chopped herbs, such as fresh basil, cilantro, or parsley, to add a bright, fresh flavor.
Want to add some spice? While you’re grilling the zucchini and corn, throw a jalapeno on the grill right next to them. You can chop that up and add it to the salad or mix it into the vinaigrette!
This has absolutely made it to the top of our summer salad recipes list! It’s got texture, flavor, and is full of veggies. What’s not to love?!
If you make this Grilled Corn Salad recipe, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
More summer recipes to try!Tender, Juicy Shrimp Burgers with Spicy Mayo 10-Minute Peach & Burrata Salad Grilled Spatchcock Chicken With Lemon & Oregano Pan Seared Chicken With Burst Tomatoes Grilled Blackened Salmon with Pineapple-Avocado Salsa Cool, Creamy No-Cook Cucumber Gazpacho
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe With Zucchini And Feta
- 2-3 ears corn husks and silk removed
- 2-3 zucchini ends trimmed, cut into quartered wedges
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or other light, neutral oil
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup feta crumbled
- ⅓ cup walnuts toasted, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ – ½ cup basil vinaigrette or other light vinaigrette
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Season the zucchini. Place quartered zucchini wedges in a large mixing bowl, then drizzle with 2 Tbsp avocado oil, ¾ tsp Kosher salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Grill the corn and zucchini. Preheat a grill to medium-high. When hot, coat with nonstick grill spray. Place shucked corn and seasoned zucchini wedges directly on grill grates, then cook for 3-4 minutes per side, about 12-14 minutes, or until the corn is charred on all sides and the zucchini is tender and has almost a creamy texture.
- Cut the veggies. Allow the corn and zucchini to cool for about 5 minutes, then use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off of each ear of corn. Slice the zucchini into ½" pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Assemble the salad. To the zucchini and corn, add ⅓ cup crumbled feta, ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts, and ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions. Drizzle with ¼ cup of basil vinaigrette (or whichever dressing you're using), then toss to thoroughly coat. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve immediately or at room temperature with a generous pinch of flaky sea salt. Feel free to top with additional feta, walnuts, or scallions!
- Leftover basil vinaigrette will keep for up to 2 weeks in a fridge.