Key lime cheesecake parfaits
NO BAKE key lime cheesecake parfaits are the absolute quickest, tastiest dessert of summer! Graham cracker crumbs are layered between cool and creamy key lime cheesecake filing. Absolute heaven!
Helloooo, grilling season! I realize that’s a confusing way to start a post about a dessert that isn’t even grilled, but bear with me. Is there anything more summer appropriate than a huge slice of key lime pie on an otherwise unbearably hot day? Luckily, yes. Key lime cheesecake parfaits! No slicing, no sharing, no baking! I’m pretty much all over these and want you to be too.
Okay, so do we go for key limes or regular ol’ limes? I don’t care, and you shouldn’t either. Sure, the namesake dessert calls for the tiny little guys, but (1) they’re expensive, (2), they’re hard to find, and (3) juice from standard limes will be absolutely fine in this dish. Like, save your money and buy a bottle of wine instead. #goodlifeadvice
What’s not optional? Adding salt to your graham cracker crumbs. I am floored every time I discover another friend who cooks without salt. And I think they’re equally as surprised to learn that I season almost all of my desserts with salt.
Folks, I’ve got news for you. I put salt in absolutely everything. Like, you have to. That doesn’t mean I like salty food, it just means I appreciate when flavors pop and dishes are well-balanced. So don’t skip that step, mmkay?
I’m already thinking that this could be the breakout hit of summer, simply replacing lime juice with whatever citrus I have on hand. Meyer lemons, grapefruit, ORANGE WITH CHOCOLATE hello!
I think you’re going to like these. I really, really think you’re going to like these.
If you make Key Lime Cheesecake Parfaits, please let me know by leaving a review below!
For more quick and simple desserts, check out the following recipes:Print
Quick + simple NO BAKE key lime cheesecake parfaits are THE dessert of summer! All the best parts of a cheesecake, but with a crazy easy assembly. Makes perfect individual portions, OR you could create one large bowl — easiest group dessert ever!
- 12 honey graham crackers, (finely ground)
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, (melted)
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8 oz) packages reduced fat cream cheese, (room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup key lime or regular lime juice ((about 4 limes))
- zest from 3 limes
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and stir using a spatula until mixture begins to stick together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor with whisk attachment fitted, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to another bowl, then switch out whisk attachment with the paddle attachment.
- Cream the sweetened condensed milk together with the cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the vanilla, lime juice, and zest, then beat an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Pour whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and fold gently until combined.
- In 6 small glass jars (or one container, if serving family-style) alternate layers of graham cracker crumbs with key lime cheesecake until you reach the top. Place lid(a) on and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish each cheesecake with extra graham cracker crumbs before serving and thinly sliced lime rounds or wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 31.3g
- Sodium: 594mg
- Fat: 24.8g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
Keywords: how to make key lime cheesecake, cheesecake parfaits, no bake key lime pie, graham cracker crust, summer dessert, no bake dessert, easy key lime pie