Let me be the first to tell you that I have ‘been there, done that’ with overnight oats and failed miserably. Too chewy, not sweet enough, no flavor — you name it, I’ve suffered through them all. But apparently there is a method to the madness. If you adhere to a specific ratio, (oats to liquid, sweetener, flavorings, etc.) you are left with a foolproof breakfast option that can be endlessly adapted. First up? Blueberry coconut almond overnight oats!
The exclamation mark is completely necessary.
These come together in 5 minutes — 5 minutes! Throw a bunch of simple ingredients you likely already have on hand (except for maybe chia seeds…?) in a jar, shake it like a polaroid, and send a message of praise to the overnight oat gods because breakfast for the next week is DONE.
Okay, so this recipe only makes breakfast for 2 days, but double it! Triple it! Quadruple it! Whatever you need to get through the week because, yes, these are that good, and also it’s freakin’ easy to make.
I’m a regular milk kind of gal, but feel free to swap yours out for almond or other plant-based milk and hello, it’s now vegan!
I’ll stop with the exclamation marks but guys, seriously v excited about these. And if you think they couldn’t get any better, dump them in a blender with yogurt, cold brew, and fresh blueberries; you’re now the proud owner of your very own blueberry oat smoothie SO GOOD.
Blueberry Coconut Almond Overnight Oats
- Large glass containers or mason jars with lids
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- 1 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp fresh blueberries (plus more for serving)
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes (plus more for serving)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- slivered almonds for serving
- cacao nibs for serving
- Place oats in a glass jar with lid. Add chia seeds, coconut flakes, milk, salt, and almond extract. Seal with lid then shake to combine. Let sit overnight in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Top with fresh blueberries or other fruit, toasted coconut flakes, slivered almonds, and cacao nibs. Best eaten within 3 days.