What are phyllo crackers?
Imagine this: layer upon layer upon layer of crunchy homemade crackers, topped with a sharp cheese and plenty of flavorful spices. My personal flavor of choice? Everything bagel seasoning.
Essentially these are little bite-size bagel-flavored crackers, and I’m not one bit mad about it!
What you’ll need
These everything phyllo crackers have just 5 ingredients making them a quick, simple appetizer that you can throw together on extremely short notice! As long as you’ve got some thawed phyllo dough on hand, you can have these prepped and ready to make in 5 minutes. Yes, really!
- 5 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- melted unsalted butter
- everything but the bagel seasoning blend from Trader Joe’s (or your favorite homemade blend)
- grated gouda or gruyere cheese
- egg white, lightly beaten
How long to bake
Phyllo dough bakes up pretty quickly, especially when the only thing layered between it is butter and some cheese. Everything phyllo crackers are perfectly crisp in a 8-10 minutes.
I let the crackers rest for at least 2-3 minutes directly in the sheet pan before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How long will these crackers keep?
The phyllo crackers will remain crispy in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can keep these at room temperature!
Other topping ideas:
I love using hard or semi-hard grated cheese on crackers — gouda, gruyere, asiago, cheddar, parmesan, pecorino! They melt, but not too much, so it’s not a big gooey mess.
As far as other spices, the possibilities are endless. You could use lemony sumac and za’atar! Oregano and garlic! Or if you love lavender (I do NOT hah!) you could sprinkle generously with herbs de provence.
All I can tell you is that these are salty, crunchy, cheesy, and disappear damn fast when paired when a cool, crisp beverage. No judgment if you double the recipe and keep them all for yourself!
If you make these Everything Crackers, please let me know by leaving a review below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For more great recipes to serve at parties, check out the following:
Everything Crackers Recipe
- 5 sheets phyllo dough thawed
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 Tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning blend Trader Joe’s
- ¼ – ½ cup grated gouda or gruyere cheese
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Working quickly, lay one sheet of phyllo dough on a standard rimmed baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to cover the surface with melted butter. Repeat with remaining 4 layers of phyllo dough until all are stacked. Brush the top layer with beaten egg white instead of butter.
- Evenly sprinkle 4 Tbsp everything seasoning blend on top layer, then cover with ¼ – ½ cup grated cheese.
- Use a sharp knife to cut phyllo into small squares, about 1 ½ – 2″ in size. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until phyllo is golden brown and crispy, and the cheese has melted. Let cool for about 3 minutes on the baking sheet, then break crackers into squares and transfer to a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.