If you’ve got 5 minutes, you can make the best damn cocktail sauce you’ve ever tried!
This cocktail sauce recipe is quick, a little spicy, and about 100x better than store bought. Serve it with Old Bay steamed shrimp or classic poached shrimp for a simple weeknight appetizer or entrée!
Looking for a creamy sauce for seafood? Be sure to check out our Dill Sauce!
Ingredients For Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- Chili sauce (we recommend Heinz)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prepared horseradish
- Worcestershire sauce
How To Make Cocktail Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, then whisk. Congratulations, you’ve just made homemade cocktail sauce!!
Literally 5 minutes is all you need to make this recipe at home. Finger lickin’ good (we speak from experience)!
What To Serve With Cocktail Sauce
Yes, shrimp cocktail is definitely the first recipe that comes to mind. But in addition to a simple poached shrimp, why not try Old Bay steamed shrimp? They’re a bit spicier, which we love. Serve them warm or at room temperature (versus shrimp cocktail, which is generally served cold) with lots of chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
- On freshly shucked oysters
- Serve with grilled seafood
- Use as a dipping sauce for fried calamari or other fried seafood
If you make our Homemade Cocktail Sauce recipe, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below.
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
For more seafood recipes, check out the following:
5-Minute Homemade Cocktail Sauce (For Seafood!)
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Heinz chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then whisk to combine. Store in a refrigerator until needed.
- Cocktail sauce will keep for 1 week in a sealed container in a refrigerator.