We have been making and loving this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche for a decade. It’s super cheesy, releases easily from the pan (even though it’s crustless!), and is perfect to make ahead and meal prep for the week. We seriously love it so much!!
We’re cooking fresh broccoli florets (though of course you can use frozen) and combining them with lots of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sautéed onion, and a mixture of eggs, milk, and heavy cream. The addition of scallions is probably my favorite part.
You’ll love this crustless broccoli quiche for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a midnight snack (no judgment!), as it can be enjoyed warm, room temperature, or straight out of the fridge. We can’t wait for you to try this, it’s loved by all!
Looking for more egg recipes for breakfast? Be sure to try our Herby Spinach Frittata or Asparagus Frittata next!
Ingredients For Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Extra virgin olive oil: To sauté the onion in (though you can use unsalted butter instead!)
- Onion: Can substitute with shallots
- Broccoli florets: We recommend fresh broccoli cut into florets, as they hold their shape better, but certainly you can use frozen broccoli florets.
- Large eggs: Room temperature
- Heavy cream and milk: These make up the base of the quiche.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper: To season everything!
- Cheddar cheese: Use any type of shredded cheddar cheese. Our preference is sharp cheddar, which has a more pronounced flavor.
- Yellow or white cheddar is fine! You can also substitute with other shredded cheeses, such as Swiss, Monterey Jack, Asiago, or Gruyere.
- Scallions: Adds additional onion flavor throughout.
If you want to add a crust, don’t worry — we got you! You can use our homemade savory pie dough recipe or use your favorite store bought pie crust.
You’ll want to make sure you have a 10″ quiche pan or a 9-inch pie plate.
How To Make A Crustless Broccoli Quiche
Cook the onion in a pan over medium-high heat until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a rapid boil, then add trimmed broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes, then drain. Any more and the broccoli will turn to must — don’t want that!
Place the broccoli florets into a prepared quiche dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, then prepare the quiche mixture.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 large eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup of milk (any kind), 1 tsp Kosher salt, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, 2 thinly sliced scallions, and the sautéed onions. Pour the egg mixture on top of the broccoli, then bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the quiche is a deep golden brown around the edges and the center is set and mostly firm.
Let the crustless broccoli quiche cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm, room temperature, or cold straight outta the fridge!
What To Serve With Quiche
Given that broccoli cheese quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (as is all quiche, in our opinion), the sides really depend on the time of day you’re serving it, ya know?
For breakfast or brunch, we love to serve quiche with crispy bacon or fried potatoes and onions.
How To Reheat Leftover Quiche
Leftovers can be stored directly in the quiche or pie dish covered tightly with plastic wrap. You can reheat individual slices of quiche in a microwave until warm or hot (if the latter, the cheese will begin to melt a bit), or simply place the entire dish in a preheated oven to 350F and warm throughout, about 10-12 minutes.
Quiche is perfect to make on a weekend if you want to meal prep breakfast for the week!
How To Freeze Quiche
Unbaked quiche will keep in a freezer for up to 1 month. If baked, the quiche will keep in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Bake uncooked quiche directly from frozen, checking after 50 minutes for doneness, but note it may take up to 60 minutes to finish.
If reheating frozen cooked quiche, either defrost overnight to thaw completely or place in an oven preheated to 375F for 20-25 minutes.
One of our all time favorite light breakfast dishes that we make again and again. Cannot wait for you to try this quiche at home!!
If you make this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche recipe, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below!
Crazy about quiche? Us too!! Make sure to check out our Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Quiche (it tastes like fall!) or our year round favorite Quiche Florentine, both featuring different veggies and both equally delicious!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
More brunch recipes to try!
- Southern Fried Chicken and Waffles
- Smashed Eggs On Toast
- Herbed Parmesan Dutch Baby
- Breakfast Polenta with Pesto
- How To Create an Epic Bagel Board
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced, about ½ cup
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets about 1 large or 2 small heads, cut into uniform pieces about 1 ½" in size
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk any kind
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Cook the onion. Preheat oven to 375F. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add onions, then cook until they soften and brown, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Partially cook the broccoli. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the broccoli florets. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup milk, pinch of nutmeg, 1 tsp Kosher salt, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and 2 sliced scallions. Stir in the cooked onions.
- Prepare the quiche. Spray a pie dish or 10” quiche pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cooked broccoli into the pan in a single even layer, then pour the remaining ingredients on top.
- Bake the quiche. Place the quiche on a parchment or aluminum foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown and the center of the quiche is mostly firm. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Can be enjoyed warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Unbaked quiche will keep in a freezer for up to 1 month. If baked, the quiche will keep in a freezer for up to 3 months. Bake uncooked quiche directly from frozen, checking after 50 minutes for doneness, but note it may take up to 60 minutes to finish.
- If reheating frozen cooked quiche, either defrost overnight to thaw completely or place in an oven preheated to 375F for 20-25 minutes.
Classic flavours in a simple/ well-executed recipe. Quiche was absolutely delicious and the whole family went for seconds! Quick and easy prep, will definitely make again.
Ari Laing says
Thanks, Maggie! I’m so thrilled you love this as much as we do, it’s my favorite crustless quiche — so tender and cheesy! xo, Ari
Delicious and easy to make which is a great combination. With Lent coming up it will make a great meatless Lenten meal.
Ari Laing says
A family favorite here too! We usually double the recipe and freeze one for the following week. Glad you enjoyed! xo, Ari