Let’s make simple Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus! This easy side dish (or appetizer) is dressed up with a drizzle of truffle oil and some freshly grated Parmesan. It’s a festive celebration of Spring’s favorite vegetable. You’ll find it hard to stop eating — we certainly do!
The 7 Ingredients You’ll Need
Fresh asparagus (duh!), extra virgin olive oil, Kosher salt, black pepper, Prosciutto di Parma (a dry cured Italian ham), truffle oil, and grated Parmesan cheese.
It’s such a simple recipe, but one that lets each ingredient shine.
How To Roast Asparagus
First, you’ll want to roast some fresh asparagus stalks.
To clean the asparagus, simply snap the end of the stalk off — the tough ends are woody and hard to chew. The asparagus stalk should naturally break off where things get tough. Use that first piece of asparagus as a guide, then lay the rest of the stalks on a cutting board and trim the ends (around the same place) with a sharp knife. Easy!
Place the trimmed asparagus spears on a rimmed baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and season with Kosher salt. Roast for 8-10 minutes at 400F in a preheated oven (cook time is based on the thickness of the asparagus spears), or until tender. Let cool slightly.
Too hot to turn on the oven? Use a grill instead — grilled asparagus has such a wonderful taste, simply cook over medium heat until charred on all sides, about 4-6 minutes total.
At this point, you could give them a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, but we’re going to take the flavor up a notch and wrap them in prosciutto!
Assembling Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Once the asparagus has cooled down a bit, take about 3 stalks in your hand, then wrap them with a thin slice of prosciutto to create little bundles. You want to wait till the asparagus are not piping hot, or they’re more likely to cook the prosciutto slices — not a bad thing, just not the goal of this recipe.
Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto, then transfer the bundles to a platter or serving tray.
Drizzle the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with a tiny bit of truffle oil, then a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano. To finish, grind some black pepper on top — this helps to round out the taste and season everything well.
You can serve these as an appetizer or a fun side dish!
What To Serve With Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
These go great with everything from roasted chicken or grilled salmon, to steak, pork tenderloin, or stuffed portobellos.
And yes, you can enjoy these with a knife and fork or pick them up and eat with your hands — everyone loves finger food!
Be sure to make a double batch, cause these little cuties disappear quickly!
If you make this Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus recipe, please let us know by leaving a review and rating below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Well Seasoned recipes! DON’T FORGET to tag us on social channels when you make a recipe at #wellseasonedstudio !! We LOVE seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
More vegetable side dishes to try!
- Sicilian Cauliflower
- Tandoori Oven Roasted Carrots
- French Green Beans with Walnut Vinaigrette
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad
- Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 1 bunch asparagus tough ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 oz Prosciutto di Parma thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp truffle oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- ¼ tsp freshly grated black pepper
- Roast the asparagus. Preheat an oven to 400F. Place trimmed asparagus spears on a rimmed baking sheet, then drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and season with ½ tsp Kosher salt. Roast for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
- Wrap in prosciutto. Once cool, take about 3 stalks of asparagus in your hand, then wrap them with a thin slice of prosciutto. Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto, then transfer the bundles to a platter.
- Finish, then serve. Drizzle the asparagus bundles with 1 Tbsp truffle oil, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately!
- Asparagus cook time is based on the thickness of the asparagus spears — begin checking after 8 minutes.
- Want to grill the asparagus instead? Grill over medium heat until charred on all sides, about 4-6 minutes total.